Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone regret going with the 6 speed JK?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously happy to be back in a manual after about 9 years of being stuck with only automatics to drive. The Jeep feels so responsive in comparison, probably just because I can actually downshift the amount I want for the power I need.

Turned off HSA, partly because I just don't live in a particularly hilly area, partly because I learned the "move your right foot really fast, and that'll teach them to stop close behind another car on a steep hill!" when I learned to drive, partly because I just don't see a need for it. If I'm in the hills enough to need the handbrake and feel like messing with it, I'll give it another go.

Originally Posted by skisailbike
The Jeep is the best vehicle you could own in Northern Michigan - great in the winter, great on the trails, and top down in the summer running around TC or Petoskey is awesome. I grew up in Hart, went to Michigan Tech, and lived in TC for 5 years. I miss it a little bit every day. Try to get down to Silver Lake at least once, the dunes can be so much fun!
^^ This guy's probably not still around, but my dad also hails from Hart and went to Michigan Tech. It'd be interesting to find out if they overlapped at all.

Quick Reply: Anyone regret going with the 6 speed JK?