Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
ohh kayyy so we're getting spoofed...all of us...now it's saying this other name on what I just posted ....ehhh...hacker 101 stuff
Yes the approval for bush was high after 9/11.War , war , war that is what drives the american economy and now what. People living beyond their means.That's an understatement. There are weapons of mass destruction. Horse hockey and the world knew later on that there was no weapons of mass destruction.Just an excuse . Isn;t there always one.The only reason Bush went over there in the first place is an easy answer. Oil and lots of it. Funny how no planes were allowed to fly out of American air strips and airports except one. The one that the Bin Laden family was on.They had been living in the us.Bush and the Binladen's were in business together. You must have CNN .There was a big show on it.Now all you taxpayers are on the hook for years and years to come. Maybe Obama will tax the rich and so he should.The rich allways get the breaks..until now.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racer83l
to the OP.. I looked at every competitior to the JK that is availabe to me, The FJ, H3, and Xterra, I joined every forun each of those vehicles had.. the problem of the FJ, Cracking sheetmetal in the engine compartment ruined the FJ for me (That and my GF kept telling me they were hideous). The H3 was ruined for me because they make the H2 which I HATE. and the Xterra, I liked, but didnt like the fact that your supposed to remove the exterior bumper cover when wheeling it and the aftermarket was relatively small.

I chose the JK, love it, when I first bought it, I had 3 problems with it. All 3 were taken care of with my first visit to me dealer, and it has been flawless since. The problems JK's have are all minor and can be repaired with a simple parts change.

If you dont want a JK, dont buy one, if you do, well then buy one. If you are a true Jeeper, the JK should be the best Jeep you have ever owned. if your not, then buy something else.

Have a good one and good luck with your decision.
What is your power like with all those upgrades you did ? Sluggish or not.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChewyGranola
Not too bad. But l would do it again in a heart beat.

BTW the power is not that bad. I had my JK in the Vail Valley in Colorado for about 7 weeks this year and I never was disappointed with the power. I am not saying it has great power but it gets the job done well enough.

Or you could get a Hemi put in eh.
A hemi..That sounds expensive..but could be alot of fun just not at the pump.Thanks.

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-07-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phouck
It seems like you don't like the quality of the American big 3 auto makers. Why don't you buy a Canadian vehicle?
What retro-fit are you talking about ?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
I haven't heard anything about late model 08s or any 09 issues as I've spoken to the 2 best dealerships in my area. Of course my area and your area are just a small % so neither of us is 100% correct.

I do have a hard time believing anything a dealer or tech tells me right off the bat. I've been told some things and have read stories about some dealers blowing smoke up people's asses.

You are correct in the headroom in the GC. Mine has a sunroof. It's a limited with leather and dual climate control. Not a bad ride but not for me. My GF drives it around in the winter. I get about 12mpg driving it but am not sure what she gets.

As far as your original decision it sounds like you've put a negative spin on the wrangler in your mind, which is ok. It's not for everyone. As I said your main thing seems to be towing and engine power. Now as I've said there are many members who tow trailers and campers with their 4door. I'm not sure what type of boat you have or the weight on it.

Now I ask you what are your characteristics for a new vehicle?? Maybe we/I can help you with a decision. Where do you plan to take this vehicle, what's your lifestlye like, what's your price range?
What don't you like about the grand cherokee ? Power ? Ride ? Looks ?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah that makes sense with the v6's almost 15 ft lbs more torque than the 4.0L

Again you fail with facts
The four litre engine produced 190 hp and 235 lb feet of torque at least my '93 did. The new JK may look o.k on paper but in real world driving it doesn't even compare to the old four.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
The four litre engine produced 190 hp and 235 lb feet of torque at least my '93 did. The new JK may look o.k on paper but in real world driving it doesn't even compare to the old four.
Ohhh now you're talking seat of your pants horsepower ...ohh kayy...wrong again. After owning a 97tj, 00tj and an 06 Rubi tj I can assure you there is more "seat-of-your-pants horsepower in the JK. I'd talk dyno numbers with you'll but just bring up your 93 again . Nobody in their right mind including myself would tell anyone it's anything to write home about, but it is more powerful. Again your 93 is the best thing since Goobers Peanut Butter

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 11-08-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

i'd get one they ride great
Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Ohhh now you're talking seat of your pants horsepower ...ohh kayy...wrong again. After owning a 97tj, 00tj and an 06 Rubi tj I can assure you there is more "seat-of-your-pants horsepower in the JK. I'd talk dyno numbers with you'll but just bring up your 93 again . Nobody in their right mind including myself would tell anyone it's anything to write home about, but it is more powerful. Again your 93 is the best thing since Goobers Peanut Butter
O.K Sasquatch do you drive a 2 door or four door JK ? The 3.8 in the 2 door does fine but with the added weight of the four door the new 3.8 cancels out any power advantage. Correct ?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
O.K Sasquatch do you drive a 2 door or four door JK ? The 3.8 in the 2 door does fine but with the added weight of the four door the new 3.8 cancels out any power advantage. Correct ?
I finally agree with you Tim, I do have a 2-dr 6spd and was benchmarking that against my past 2-dr TJs (5spds) not a bad benchmark in my opinion. The 4-dr autos are indeed a little sluggish by comparison, but it's not real bad really, I mean it's a good sized Jeep. Why Chrysler didn't ever decide to at least put a small v8 in these with a humble 260rwhp beats me . Maybe one day they will.

And for the record I'm impressed, rather than being insulting in your conversations you're taking a more laid back approach, I applaud you

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?