Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why the 2 door?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar to what other folks have already mentioned:
* prefer the look of the 2dr
* IMO a 4dr looks ideal with 37's+ and a 2dr looks ideal with 35's - but at the time of purchase, didn't think I'd want to spend the money to do 37's properly (eg. larger lift, driveshafts, axle reinforcements, axle shafts, etc...) - ie. presumed I'd go to 35's the "cheap" route (eg. lower lift with cut fenders (presumed no DS's needed), less stress on axles, etc...)
* presumed I'd be wheeling in more wooded areas of NorthEast and thought a more agile 2dr would be better/more fun
* have 2 small kids that like climbing in and out of the back seat (though admittedly if kid convenience was the only factor - I'd have definitely gotten the 4dr!)
* already had a 3row suv type vehicle for toting around the kids on a day to day basis
* 2dr mods i think are slightly cheaper

money no issue, I'd have built up a 4dr
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i have a 2 door, when we bought it was just the wife and myself no long trips or camping trips with the dog. the 2 door was just fine for our neck of the woods.

Now we have a dog, live in colorado and love to go camping. the 2 door just dosnt have much room for cargo and passengers i have thought about tradeing into a JKU Rubicon but i've put too many mods into my 2 door. My next vehicle will either be a dodge ram or JKU Rubi. the JKU would be modded a little bit for camping or wheeling with passengers. My 2 door will be the fun rock crawler.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Met some great people for a 1st annual Deadwood Offroad get-together
Having 4 dr or 2 dr really don't matter as long as it fits what you need.
When all of us were done jeeping at the end of the day we each drove our own jeeps even people were by themselves in their 4 drs going to dinner. Like motorcyclers driving Their own bikes.
I myself hope that the original two door stays alive and the flatscreen, DVD, soccer van, Mall crawler options stays in the 4 door and they release offroad only options in the two door!!
That way they each are different!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2732105262.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	194242  
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bstpierre
Your avatar looks like there are no doors.
Dude youre looking way too deep.. lol

Quick Reply: Why the 2 door?