Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF Quadratec? Everything backordered.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillmotion
Did someone say zombie apocalypse?
I love a thread where you can fit the zombie apocalypse into it.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered MOPAR door sill guards and a TF 2.5 lift from Quadratec. Got them within 5 days.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

It has to just be a supply issue with certain parts. I made 2 orders on Dec 18th. One shipped immediately and the other is still on back order.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

I ordered the day star switch panel for 2011-2012 in the beginning of November and I still don't have it. It's not quadatecs fault its the vendors for not keeping up with the demand.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This happens every time the economy takes a down turn. No one wants to get stuck with a bunch of stuff that isn't selling. They project how much stock they need. Sometimes they get caught underestimating what they need. Hopefully, they can order more of the chinese made stuff in before the Chinese factories close down for their new years....
Old 12-27-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Joe at Quadratec took care of me like he said he would. Turns out that items were in stock, but have to be sent to another warehouse so they can be shipped up to Canada, eh.
Thanks again Joe.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by quadratec

I apologize about the backorder on the items. There is an extremely high demand for a lot of items right now, and we're waiting on the vendors to fill our stocking orders. As soon as they arrive, the items will ship within 24 hours. Please PM me with your order info so I can get you some delivery times.

We stock around 90% of the items we sell. We also try to order and keep as much stock as possible. We place stocking orders daily for every item and with every manufacturer we offer. Sometimes the demand exceeds the supply and items go out of stock. I know it can be frustrating, but take it as a good sign that business is flowing and the parts you want are good products that everyone wants!

-Joe
Just a question but why can't you note on your website if something is out of stock? Amazon does and it makes it easier for us to decide if we want to still buy it or not. The back order issue can be annoying.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

At least you guys got a reply. I've been waiting to order the starfab door stops for about 6 weeks now. The last correspondence I received was of the vendor telling me "I'll call you to finalize payment". Never did call
Old 12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Fwiw, I used to work there and know that most orders shipped to Canada only go through their main office, but a lot of the popular items that come in larger boxes (like floor mats) are housed in other warehouses. So, they have to go to the main office first. So, they're most likely in stock at the primary warehouse but not at the office warehouse, they'll be sent there for your order. This is the same for almost every order shipped outside of the US. Also, for these type of orders, every item on the order will show "backorder" even if it's only one item that's holding it up.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

I was online wanting to purchase from Quadratec but found a better price so I logged into Quadratec chat and asked about pricing. The chat rep said I would have to call the phone number. I rarely call to order things.

Went to Amazon and found all the items I was looking for marked WAY down with free shipping. Items showed up fast but all three items were damaged or missing parts so had to repackage and ship them back, for a refund.

Ordered on Ebay, item took a little longer, got it today, walked outside and popped it on my rig.

Just found a smokin deal, comparatively, on a large item on 4wd .com today. Used a coupon code and also received free shipping. See how that one goes.

I think if I ordered something and found out the item was back ordered I would cancel the purchase and buy elsewhere.

Still going to try Quadratec, soon I hope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3083013750.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	255158

Quick Reply: WTF Quadratec? Everything backordered.