Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

OKC/Tulsa: Clayton/Frielings Oct 17

Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
... Seeing as we're close to the scenic bypass, I'm going to try to make the drive. Looks like it's about 55miles or so, given the location, probably take about an hour and a half to 2 hours for the drive - may make a couple of stops, then head home. ...
The drive has a bunch of scenic overviews--you'll certainly want to stop at a few. And the speed limit is around 30-40 mph for the entire trip. Lunch/brunch at Queen Wilhelmina Hotel (just across the border on the Arkansas side) is also definitely worth a stop. I may drive this with you, too. BTW: Check your PMs (you, too, Jack).
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Works for me Mark. PMs replied We can try and do a late lunch at that hotel if you like too. I'll have my family with. Is Curtis coming this trip?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Works for me Mark. PMs replied We can try and do a late lunch at that hotel if you like too. I'll have my family with. Is Curtis coming this trip?
Which hotel are you staying at? I'm going to leave and head back after we the run, which is why I probably won't go on the scenic drive. I say probably - who knows.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I'm trying to talk Curtis into going, but he has some tests coming up next week
(OU-Texas weekend and the professors are doing that. Sheesh!).

Jack: Manoj is referring to the Wilhelmina Hotel, not for an overnight stay, but
for a late lunch. It's just across the border in Arkansas on Skyline Drive. And,
picture whore that I am ...

Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

BTW: Are either of you driving I-40 through OKC? Do we want to caravan?
We could meet up at the Denny's in Midwest City, then head out from there.
It's about 3-1/2 hours to Clayton from there.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 10-15-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
No, I'll be coming from either Tulsa or Grove.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Which hotel are you staying at? I'm going to leave and head back after we the run, which is why I probably won't go on the scenic drive. I say probably - who knows.
I won't be staying at a hotel... Planning on heading to Clayton like maybe at 4am or so Saturday morning to make it there on time for the get together around 8:30am. The hotel we were referring to was the one that Mark'd mentioned that might be good for a lunch/brunch What time do you plan on heading back?

I'm trying to talk Curtis into going, but he has some tests coming up next week
(OU-Texas weekend and the professors are doing that. Sheesh!).

Jack: Manoj is referring to the Wilhelmina Hotel, not for an overnight stay, but
for a late lunch. It's just across the border in Arkansas on Skyline Drive. And,
picture whore that I am ...

Yeah... imagine that... wonder who they're rooting for Be great if Curtis could join as well but I can definitely understand if he has tests coming up.

I have two ways I could get there - Google Maps shows the fastest way to get there be up from Lawton - Moore - Midwest City - Henryetta and onto Clayton. The other route which would be a lil longer would be from Lawton - Duncan - Davis - Sulphur - Atoka onto Clayton. Looks like that'll take an hour longer. So, if you want, I can meet you in Midwest City. Let me know.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

So what is the plan for you guys, as far as scheduling goes? I really want to go if everything works out, but I'm only 18 so I can't get a hotel room (or afford one for that matter), so I would either have to sleep in the jeep, or head down early in the morning.

I'm trying to get everything together to work out so I can go.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by VAMP1RE
So what is the plan for you guys, as far as scheduling goes? I really want to go if everything works out, but I'm only 18 so I can't get a hotel room (or afford one for that matter), so I would either have to sleep in the jeep, or head down early in the morning.

I'm heading down early saturday and probably will leave saturday evening/night. I'm thinking of bringing basic camping provisions just in case I feel like sticking it out. They were talking about night wheeling, which I might want to do.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by VAMP1RE

Hadn't heard from Mark yet, but it's possible that we might meet up in Midwest City sometime early Saturday morning and caravan down. If you want to join us in caravaning down, you're welcome to. Do you plan on staying there Saturday night or heading back home?

Quick Reply: OKC/Tulsa: Clayton/Frielings Oct 17