Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV 2.5 build on new JKUR?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:43 PM
jc3
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2.5 build on new JKUR?

I have a new rubicon unlimited 2015 that I've been enjoying for a few months while I figure out the right next move to get bigger tires on it. This is what I think I've decided. I'm very interested in what others think -- any words of wisdom much appreciated?:
1. AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks
2. AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets (doesn't seem necessary at 2.5" but hearing enough good things about it that seems like a worthwhile extra $99 while going through the rest of the work)
3. Spidertrax 1.75” Wheel Spacer Kit (keeping the stock wheels)
4. Off Camber Fabrications by MBRP Spare Tire Relocation Bracket (to fit the spare on the stock holder)
5. Tires: DuraTrac LT315/70R17
Old 04-01-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

What type of driving do you do? What trails are you plan on doing?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats any pictures of your rig?
Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 PM
jc3
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by twofourflinching
What type of driving do you do? What trails are you plan on doing?
Hard to find trails near where I live in the SF north bay area but weekend excursions with the kids further north and to the sierras. Not planning to get hardcore and it is my daily driver so needs to do well on highways too.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jc3
I have a new rubicon unlimited 2015 that I've been enjoying for a few months while I figure out the right next move to get bigger tires on it. This is what I think I've decided. I'm very interested in what others think -- any words of wisdom much appreciated?:
1. AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks
2. AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets (doesn't seem necessary at 2.5" but hearing enough good things about it that seems like a worthwhile extra $99 while going through the rest of the work)
3. Spidertrax 1.75” Wheel Spacer Kit (keeping the stock wheels)
4. Off Camber Fabrications by MBRP Spare Tire Relocation Bracket (to fit the spare on the stock holder)
5. Tires: DuraTrac LT315/70R17

if you're going the AEV route, complete the package and go with the extra $100.00 on the GEO brackets. 2.5 lift is closer to 3 inches.

I have the 315/70/17 Duratracs the spare fits on the stock tire carrier (with 17x8.5 inch method wheels)
Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

My 2 cents - I did the 2.5" lift without geo brackets and everything handles great.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

I'd recommend an adjustable front track bar and exhaust spaceres. My drive line hit my exhaust and my front axle was way off center when I installed mine. FYI, I have a 14 JKUR with a manual transmission.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

oh, and I also recommend the geo brackets.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I diy the aev lift with the geo brackets... simple install. Make sure you loosen all the control arms before lifting and place the wheels on the ground before tightening them back up to prevent binding. This will help centering the axles some. My front axles were off under 1/4"... so I couldnt justify the adjustable track bar. One thing though, contemplating on changing out the bilstine to the Rancho. As is, its a great handling jeep (better than stock for sure)... but find it a bit harsh. Maybe Ill lower the tire pressure some before I pull the trigger.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Number 2 on his list is the geometry brackets.

Sounds like a damn good start to me. Should do great on the highway still. You can always upgrade to additional stuff down the road when you feel its needed.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 build on new JKUR?