Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads

Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great advice! I believe I'm going to look into renting a compressor to do the raptor liner. I don't know what I was thinking when I said my "plastic wheels" I meant fenders of course. Ha.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for this. After reading it I'm just gonna pay someone to do it. To much for just me
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This video shows what it is like to spray it. (It's not me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDpYIT6VkA USING RAPTOR ON PLASTIC FENDERS
Originally Posted by JeepinMedic
Thanks for the great advice! I believe I'm going to look into renting a compressor to do the raptor liner. I don't know what I was thinking when I said my "plastic wheels" I meant fenders of course. Ha.
I read on one thread that you shouldn't use Raptor on the fenders.I'm not sure it that one got into the notes.
From ->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...3/#post2568702
Originally Posted by dano0726
Guy from TP Tools stated the U-POL Raptor isn't rated to adhere to plastic (fender flares)...
I was debating doing the inside plastic parts and Mark9998 talked me out of it. They make a RustOleum primer for plastic that might make it stick.
By the way that must have been fun working on hot rods
Originally Posted by chaz14_9
Thanks for this. After reading it I'm just gonna pay someone to do it. To much for just me
It takes a good amount of time and effort, but then you know everything was done right and no corners were cut. If you need your Jeep up and going fast Line-X fully hardens almost instantly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SPPprPriSpL.jpg
Views:	23979
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	339845  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	249689_2073913097198_1526046148_32307450_1620674_n.jpg
Views:	1916
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	340042 did mine over a year ago going to do the exterior here soon..
Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great write-up, just a couple questions...

When you guys did your two doors, did you mask off the loops for the rear seats or did you line over them? Did you have any problems with reinstalling the seats? Did you put the plastic trim back in (around the doors and seatbelts)?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USCG-JK
Attachment 340042 did mine over a year ago going to do the exterior here soon..
Looks like you did a good job.

That would be cool to see one totally covered in Raptor. Make sure you post it when your done. I've seen people do it with Line-X and Monstaliner before but not Raptor yet.
Originally Posted by mfmclain
Great write-up, just a couple questions...

When you guys did your two doors, did you mask off the loops for the rear seats or did you line over them? Did you have any problems with reinstalling the seats? Did you put the plastic trim back in (around the doors and seatbelts)?

When you guys did your two doors, did you mask off the loops for the rear seats or did you line over them?
I lined over them after asking myself in this thread -->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ner-jk-236549/ . I personally only use the seats like a week a year and haven't put them back in yet.
EDIT: After putting the rear seat back in, it chipped a small price of liner off. I think it is a bit harder to get the seat also to lock down( but possible). I think I would mask the loops were it attaches.
Originally Posted by vulcan classic
I sprayed the seat mounting points and seat release bar/catch works fine!
Did you put the plastic trim back in (around the doors and seatbelts)?
Yeah I reinstalled it. I used a red permanent marker to trace them before I removed them, so I would know where I needed to spray to (pictured below). I guess you might be able to get away with useing a wire loom around the wire bundles by the door sill (bottom of the door). I think it would end up looking bad personally. The christmas tree plugs for the plastic peice near the door sill cost about $3.50 a peace at the dealership . I probably could have re-installed mine but I end up getting 6 Ford aftermarket ones at Lowes that did the trick for $1.20.

PASSENGER SIDE FOOTWELL

I didn't spray any on the right wall in this picture below. The plastic piece goes up and over the calk line.
On the driver side there is not a wire bundle from the dash to the front of the seat as shown in this picture. Just a tube for the rear windshield wiper fluid. There is a wire bundle that goes under the driver seat and then back to the rear.
PASSENGER SIDE FOOTWELL

PLUGING THE HOLES
(This is probably more relevant to this thread. Copy and pasted from-->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...12-2dr-238728/ )

Note those sanding blocks are crap just get good sandpaper.

The olive green is some self-etching primer I used on spots that had some bare metal

I got some thin aluminum and trimmed it to size. I found a Liquid Wrench spray can lid that was the perfect size to use as a stencil.

I then sanded those down and degreased them with acetone. Then I put 3 coats of self-etching primer on there for when it would get bed lined.

I used cold weld glue called J-B Kwik. It is sold in the paint department of hardware stores. There are 2 types and you most likely will want to get the quick drying type that you only have to hold in place for 4 minutes (vs 30min). It says it can hold like over 2000 pound so it should work pretty well. I sanded down the area to be glued and used some acetone to degrease it for a good connection.

There are also a couple of inch holes that are on the driver side. Maybe these are for side airbags? One is about where your left heel would be near the trim and one is under the seat area. I got some 1" plugs to fill them at Lowes. As a side note if you ever need to measure something a quarter is a perfect inch in size.

Last edited by Rooster76; 12-29-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

damn, looks like a lot of work,but well worth it
Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am going to be lining my military trailer during the process of refinishing it. I wanted to Raptor line the inside of the bed of the trailer as well as the bottom of the frame.

does anyone that has used the tintable liner know if you can tint it with regular automotive paint? I have a gallon of CARC 383 OD green that I am wanting to tint it with but I am not sure what paints you can tint it with.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tintable

Originally Posted by Stillmotion
I am going to be lining my military trailer during the process of refinishing it. I wanted to Raptor line the inside of the bed of the trailer as well as the bottom of the frame.

does anyone that has used the tintable liner know if you can tint it with regular automotive paint? I have a gallon of CARC 383 OD green that I am wanting to tint it with but I am not sure what paints you can tint it with.
I would check out Mark9998's LINK-> ( https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...r-blue-157693/ ) I didn't take much notes about the tint-able Raptor because I wasn't using that kind.

This is post #23 from the link above
Originally Posted by mark9998
You have to buy the UPOL tintable kit first of all, the goop in the bottles is white rather than black in the standard black kit. Then I just went to a local auto parts store and gave them the factory paint code that the dealership gave me and they mixed me up a can of it. When you are ready to do the actual spray, you just mix the hardner and 10% paint (I ended up using 75ml of paint with each UPOL bottle) all in the UPOL bottle and shake it up really good for a couple minutes and you are ready to spray

On a side note, about the only thing I screwed up was with the hardner. The directions say to use 250ml of hardner with each UPOL bottle, so I figured I would pre-measure out 4 cups @ 250ml each and be ready to mix. I found out the hardway that a Solo plastic cup will not hold the hardner, it eats thru the plastic cup in a matter of minutes. I lost 2 of the cups all over the work bench and had to run down to a buddys paint shop and get some more hardner from him to finish the job
The main (and maybe only) distributor of Raptor liner is "TP Tools & Equipment" they should be able to answer questions 1-800-321-9260

When reading through threads I remember someone saying that there wasn't enough room in the bottles for the tint and hardener. They ended up mixing it externally. I really don't see how they did that because without the hardener it is pretty thick stuff about like tooth paste. I haven't heard alot of people say they had an issue, so maybe his measurement weren't great? By trying to get a bit more I poured some that the gun tube wouldn't reach on a just sprayed bottle into a new bottle. It wasn't much and seemed to fit nice in the new bottle, but it was enough to overflow it after the tube was put in there.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rooster76
I would check out Mark9998's LINK-> ( https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...r-blue-157693/ ) I didn't take much notes about the tint-able Raptor because I wasn't using that kind.

This is post #23 from the link above

The main (and maybe only) distributor of Raptor liner is "TP Tools & Equipment" they should be able to answer questions 1-800-321-9260

When reading through threads I remember someone saying that there wasn't enough room in the bottles for the tint and hardener. They ended up mixing it externally. I really don't see how they did that because without the hardener it is pretty thick stuff about like tooth paste. I haven't heard alot of people say they had an issue, so maybe his measurement weren't great? By trying to get a bit more I poured some that the gun tube wouldn't reach on a just sprayed bottle into a new bottle. It wasn't much and seemed to fit nice in the new bottle, but it was enough to overflow it after the tube was put in there.
Thanks. I just placed my order

Quick Reply: U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads