Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SONIC
Why are you here?
Why do you come to the JK forum and talk about how much you dislike the jk? (even though you DONT own one)
We have a word for that, its called TROLL and its obnoxious.

if you have a question ask it.
If you dont go find another forum to be obnoxious on.

I love my jk. My top doesnt leak, it has plenty of power, the only problem iv had is my swaybar because i lifted it and didnt bother with longer links.
Not everyone hates their jeep, not all tops leak.

Its a COMPLETE redesign, there are ALWAYS bugs to iron out.
The plastic sucks. WHO CARES? i dont give a shit that my glovebox has scratches on it. If i drove a hummer i might but i dont.

Have you driven a JK even? My manual with 4.10s has plenty of power even with 34 inch tires. The only time it has ever been a problem is on i70 on the passes at 12K feet in colorado.
I start in 2nd gear and it has plenty of power to get me going.
It takes a four door with the 3.8 twenty seconds to get up to speed with a trailer. Thats pathetic cause I tow a boat and live in a mountainous area. maybe you dont care about the cheap plastic or the mini-van engine. I do and so do thousands of Jeepers now that this new jk came out. I have spoken to many who own one in the parking lot , downtown and what so ever. They have a few things to say about their purchase and you know what...they aren't impressed but have to live with it because of all the coin they had to dish out. Maybe you dont care about it..maybe daddy bought your car to. Dependability , Durability , and craftsmanship is what people want. Not some thinned out sheet metal that you can push your finger into and make your own dents. What a joke! Good luck with your cheap jeep.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Dude... he told you that his JK was awesome, no problems and he loved it and you said but well... yeah but yeah well... bet you don't have a lot of miles on it... So as I said you didn't want to even hear that somone loved their JK. Give me a freakin' break. YOU just want to trash Jk's... GO do it on a Hummer forum, you'll get more people to agree with you.

As far as research goes... won't even bother to tell you how much I know about car buying or the research I've done before I've purchased any of my new vehicles as you will just have some response to try to make your point anyway. I could be a master mechanic for all you know but it still wouldn't matter. You'll just keep making your assumptions and rambling on and on...

Speaking of research, if you've done so much of the due diligence you claim you are doing before buying a JK you would know that the Phoenix engine is pretty much assured to never see the light of day in a Wrangler. So stop saying you will wait till it comes out with one before you buy it. You aren't making yourself look any smarter.
A for the phoenix V6 it will eventually be the staple forDaimler in most of thier cars and trucks. The 4.0 litre that is currently in the Nitro was slated to go in but that engine will be discontinued when the phoenix arrives. Ya so maybe that guys Jk is awesome and good it is for you don;t hear that very much when talking about a JK. Fact. Anybody can ask How do you like your jeep? You will get the same line every day...unless you ask about issues , problems , experience. Cost. These are the factors that make a customer happy whether it is reliable....does that go in the same sentence when talking about this Jk ? Ya no. I have asked the questions. I have read the reviews. I have spoken to many people , mechanics (jeep , ford , dodge , Japanese ) and I don't need to tell you what they said about the lacking quality. or that I should just look for something else cause I will run into problems due to the quality of this paticular vehicle. I like Jk's.. It's what you don't see that worries me. I am not hear to bash them for they do a good job of it themselves ie. ( quality)and this forum solidifies my decision to buy one..or not is the question.

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-06-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SONIC
yeah i have a 4dr.
and yes i have power from this 3.8.
Will i win any races? no its a jeep not my mustang

but it has plenty of power for daily driving.

and i dont know that they cut corners. I doubt they knew about the plastic, and the plastic bumpers are better for offroaders because it lowers the price of the vehicle when youre going to replace the bumper anyway. The plastic fenders are awesome IMO. Cant beat no body damage when you smack a rock. My top doesnt leak one bit.......
im missing your corners lol
Daimler is a huge company that is known to cut corners like every other car manufacturer. They just do it more frequently as you can tell with their current lineup.patriot , g cherokee , wrangler , compass. ect. jeep is at the bottom of the list my friend and it is not going to get any better with customers as yourself.( I don't care guy ) They love the people that are pushovers but some take them to court..and win. i'm one of those hardnosed sons of ... faulty trannies , engines blowing up , crappy parts that don't last. The big three auto makers in North America are crapping their pants.Nobody is buying the trucks and suvs anymore like they once used to and oil prices...ya now you know what i'm talking about. They are firing right left and center...and cutting quality at the same time. Man I like JK's but they hype it all up and get people sucked in. We should demand more or go elsewhere . Why do you think the big three auto makers are in this predicament ? A wrangler should be powerful like they used to be. Have some reiliabilty for gods sake. Less time in the shop means more fun means Happy Customers. Later and good luck with your ride. Still indecision. Go Obama Go
Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
A tj owner. Now there is a jeep that has a good engine! Nice ride. I do like JK's but the corners that daimler cut were to hard. The plastic's of the new jk scratch so easy , jap thin sheet metal , a mini van engine ? If you like the torque of the tj how do you think you will like the mini-van 3.8 ? Think not just like the majority of new JK owners.They wish they had more power. Maybe I will just wait till 2010 till the new "Phoenix V6 comes out in them)
Having owned a TJ for five years, used as a daily driver and driven and wheeled all over the country, I can say that my JK is better in every respect, on and off-road. So far my JK has been every bit as dependable as the TJ as well. As for the 3.8L, it did better in and over the Rockies than my TJ ever did, and that's with 2" larger tires on it. I'm very satisfied with mine. BTW, the Pheonix engine line-up has been cancelled for Chrysler. You're approach in this thread sure doesn't sound like "research", more like flame-bait. Enjoy your Cherokee.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

Ummm....besides things that might go under warranty...what Jeeper really takes their JK to the dealer for every little thing?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Somewhat like a bad smell, it will go away.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't think you really want a JK, so don't get one. The majority of us that own them love them, even with their quarks.

If you can't or don't want to deal with them get something else, but don't feel bad or sorry for your choice every time you see a topless JK rolling down the highway.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
I have been researching a newer vehicle to replace my 1993 Cherokee with 324,180 kilometers on it. Ran well and still does. Could you say this about your JK? Ya no. You don't really want a JK, you want another cherokee and so do all of us

I went down to the dealer to look at the new jk's and man they do look nice , but have you ever read the posts on this forum ? Crying and bitching about your P O S that won't start , leaks all the time , thin sheet metal , rusty hinges , rattles here and there , stalling , flashing , crappy plastic's ect...I can honestly say that I am unimpressed with the quality of this latest product ..and I'm a jeep man. You bought it now live with it. Everyone and I mean ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE here complains about their JKs because you are 100% correct on everything your saying, gawd if only all of us on here could sell our JKs and go buy cherokees like you we'd be so awesome and cool

Jeep has now run its name into the ground and has the worst ratings for any car manufacturer to date but we still love them. yep and all because of their new state of the art JK which is by no means as good as your wonderful cherokee

They might as well be made in China cause the quality sure reflects it. At least the 04'grand cherokee has some quality in it. Mad Jeeper. You should stick with your cherokee, it's the best vehicle known to man and ever created, wish I could sell my Rubi and buy one, if only I was so lucky

My replies in ORANGE, have a great day
Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Either get one or not. Shit or get off the pot.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

everyone who posts on this forum usually has a complaint... take into account the tons of other people who have a JK with no problems, they'll prolly never get on this forum, that's a huge difference...

well said sasquatch, you da man.

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?